The following is a project proposal document I conceived and wrote recently for a web development company.
[Name of firm] Architects current website, www.[firmname].com, is dated and in need of improvements to take advantage of advances in state of the art web services and design concepts. Changes and improvements will be in the areas of visual design, interface design, functional engineering, and content. These updates will serve to better represent the firm and put its best professional foot forward.
Marketing, Communication & Publishing.
Marketing is mostly for referral business but also some lead generation.
Will create a positive, up-to-date professional design-heavy image for firm.
In addition, it will build a more coherent social media implementation (currently fragmented).
Content will emphasize firm’s expertise : Sustainable Architecture, Community Orientation, Institutional work.
Goal of Site Re-design
To create a newly designed site that is:
• Highly visual
• Clean design
• Cutting-edge look and functions
• Professional image
• Clear structure and usability (UI/UX: User Interface / User Experience)
• Mobile-friendly (“responsive”).
• Image Content: more images, better quality, faster loading.
• CMS: Content will be editable by client (Content Management System: WordPress)
• Consulting on technology and current web application (including SEO, Social…).
• Visual Design (collaborative).
• Marketing consulting and implementation (within scope of website functionality).
Implementation of design:
Set Up / Installation
Graphic Layout / Digital Design
Programming & Development of functionality
Copywriting & Editing
Placement / Migration
• Variable, and optional items:
Design – How much design work client provides vs. what Digithrive does.
Content: How much photography and copywriting client wants or needs.
SEO, social and additional marketing.
Special functions (e.g. event calendars, forms, newsletter sign up, RSS feeds, etc.)